You love Lizards
Any animal or creature really
You eat all the charms and leave the lucky
You still love to sleep
Your favorite thing to say is "ready set go"
except you usually only get to "rea-eee" and take off :)
You are great at picking up your toys
You are twenty one months old today.
You look a lot like your daddy :)
Daddy at 21 months
Weston 21 months
I parted your hair the other night so we could compare pictures.
Daddy said you guys have different expressions. And I would believe that, because sometimes I only see me when you make a face like mine :)
Daddy said you have never grinned like he is in that picture, it's always a big smile :)
You are learning how to stall :)
You love to gather up a bunch of books, milk and monkey and have mommy read to you on our bed.As soon as I say the end you jump up and grab another book.
When I have finished them all you start grabbing ones we have already read.
Then I say "do you want momma to sing"
You always say yes and you cuddle in close and I sing three songs or so and the whole time you interrupt me by pointing to my "nose" eyes "mouth" etc.
You are the most adventerous little soul I have ever met. I cant keep up with you. Before I know it you are heading off into the woods and falling into piles of leaves and dirt and tripping over rocks. You never say one word...you are heading somewhere, exploring and it's like you know that is just what it takes.
I waddle around and try to keep you close until daddy gets home and then you guys really head out and do guy stuff and get stinky and dirty :)
Sometimes he takes you down in the woods where his game camera is and you trampse around like there is nothing to fear and daddy calls your name when you wonder to far.
I like this about you.
I was asked to draw a picture of you the other day in my Bible study and I had to use a color to describe you.
I picked green because you are such a little explorer.
Dear Weston,
I feel like I babble on all the time about how great you are and how much I love you, but could I really say those things too much? You make me laugh and amaze me all the time. I love how we have our little conversations all day long even though most of your words are babble, I usually know what you are saying.
You have started tugging on my pant leg and pulling me into your playroom and pointing to a specific spot you want me to sit and play with you :)
I love this.
You have always been really independent with your play and I love it that you want momma to at least be around.
Hopefully you will want Ally close too.
You love to be barefoot.
You did not get this trait from your daddy. It is one that he is still trying to wrap his head around I think. The other night you kicked off your shoes and said "ahh" and I said "I agree Weston" We were both barefoot and daddy just smiled. Our feet are usually black by the end of the day.
I am amazed at how your little mind is starting to work. The other day I had a candle burning at dinner and you pointed to it and said "hot" and then pointed out the the BBQ grill and said "hot".
Your dad and I were amazed that you put the two together and remembered we even had a BBQ grill.
You love to put money in your piggy banks.
You can get my purse down and dig through it and if you find any change you pull me by the pant leg into your room and have me get one of your piggy banks down.
If you dont find any money you insist I empty one of them so you can put the money back in :)
You think everything has a motor, including your spoon and fork.
You dont really have a favorite food, other than fruit, still.
You are growing. You took a little spurt the beginning of September. I am not sure how much you weigh, but you have outgrown most of the clothes you wore in the summer and I can tell by looking at you you have grown.
You are finally getting the hang of the nursery at church. Last time I picked you up the lady said the last thirty minutes you threw monkey down and started playing :)
When I picked you up you didnt lay your head on my shoulder the whole way to the car, you walked and explored and chatted when I asked you questions about playing with your friends.
You are growing up and becoming a big boy.
Soon you will be TWO.
I just cant believe it. Sometimes I want to wrap you up and put you in a box and keep you this size forever, but I know that isnt what God has intended for you.
You will have your own story and do things for Him and through Him that your dad and I never imagined.
I am just thankful I get to play this small part in your life as your momma.
Happy Birthday sweet boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment