It has finally cooled off here. There is a chill in the air. Weston just went outside with Cameron and had to wear a jacket and hood for the first time this fall.
Apple Cider is simmering and I am looking forward to getting cozy tonight. Finally :)
While sister snoozes I thought I would take ya on a little tour and show you the fall happenings around our house.
I usually buy all sorts of pumpkins, but I have really tried to keep it simple this year and have enjoyed our few pumpkins just as much as having a dozen.
I collected a bunch of pine cones this summer in Colorado, later finding out that it was illegal...oops!
A few twigs, cozy throw (added for some world series watching:) and of course sister's bassinet and boppy pillow :) and you can see brother's tractor here in the corner.
I can rearrange and pour my heart into our decorating, but it's their little things that make it a home :)
Weston and I made this tree last week. On one of our many hikes we gathered leaves, but his favorite was gathering the acorns in the front yard. The next day when he got up from his nap I had the trunk ready and showed him how to glue. It was our first time using elmers and I thought he would love dotting it for the leaves, but he wanted me to do the dotting and he just told me where to put them.
We had to hot glue the acorns and about half of them have since been pulled off :)
Weston loves the little pumpkin from the pumpkin patch on his dresser.
And he always points out to these on the deck:
On the front porch we just have one pumpkin, but it is my favorite.
One day when my hormones were all out of wack and I was feeling down Weston and I went to the store and he helped me pick this one out. We had a ball picking out the perfect one.
He convinced me we needed a bag of those white and orange striped ones too :)
Earlier this week Weston and I made some apple muffins. It was the perfect little thing to do together since he didnt feel up to playing like he usually does.
Everytime I go into the kitchen he follows me in there with this little chair and assists me in whatever I am doing :)
There is even a little touch of fall down on my desk, which is very neglected lately :)
Well, that is about it... guess it's about time for me to go join these two and watch some baseball!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment