We were just getting to know you...
All of the wonderful emotions we felt that night are still here, just growing stronger the more we get to know you.
You are so special and this week has been as well.
Last Tuesday started with sharp pains at six am. By eight we were heading to the hospital. By nine I was getting checked in and I was almost an eight (oops) and by nine forty five I had my epidural.
Your daddy and I visited just the two of us for a few short hours and then two pushes later you were here and we were smitten.
By two the next day we were bringing you home and we began our little journey with our new born baby girl and finding our new normal.
This week has been a week of first. First doctor's appointment today (you have passed your birth weight), first time outside, first bath, and first time meeting so many people.
You have had several visitors and if we lived a little closer to Missouri I am sure all those people that are dying to meet you would have been here a few times already.
(your brother's best friend Jackson came by to see you and he really liked looking for your toes)
(Your Papa Mike came from Missouri to meet you)
(and grandma Tammy was here too, she took care of big brother while we went to the hospital)
(your granny and grandpa have been here this week from Missouri too)
Our new little family of four has been loved on so much this past week by so many people and it is the best feeling. I hope you always feel so loved.
Your brother is still crazy about you. Sometimes he calls you Sissy and sometimes he calls you Ally, but he ALWAYS gives you a kiss and then he rests his head on your head really gentle for a hug.
(bubby got to pick out a big brother present today at Toys R Us with granny and grandpa,
they got a few things for you too :D)
(bubby got to pick out a big brother present today at Toys R Us with granny and grandpa,
they got a few things for you too :D)
You are a wonderful baby. You have been a great eater from the start and super sleeper. I know that could change, I am not planning on a full nights rest anytime soon, but I am enjoying those four and five hour stretches you treat me to.

(you loved your first bath)
(you loved your first bath)
You are pretty much a piece of heaven right here in my arms and I just cant get enough of you. I really didnt want to take the time to do this post, but I want to always remember this time and how wonderful our little blessings of children are and how happy I was at this time.
I knew you would be special. I celebrated you from the time I heard of your arrival, your brother and I made cupcakes to celebrate with our families the news of you being a girl, I bought you things and wrote you things, but nothing could have prepared me or made ready for meeting your for the first time. You and your brother have my heart and I gladly give it. I look forward to many more weeks with you.
Love you baby girl.
I just love reading these posts about your sweet new girl, you're really giving me baby fever over here, especially for a little girl! She is so cute and I love that last picture. Sounds like your labor went fast, that's great! I'm excited to see more pictures and hear about your new life with two kiddos.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and being so open! : )