Last night we decided to grill steaks.
It was quite an adventure with our little ones.
Sister needed to be held while I made the sides and when big brother needed some lovin' I handed her to daddy so I could scoop him up and love on him.
When I looked up I saw my handsome husband in his cowboy hat holding a pink bundle with a winnie the pooh band aid wrapped around one of his fingers.
I smiled.
This is our new normal.
Everytime both little ones cry at the same time I cant help but chuckle.
It is crazy, chaotic, and wonerful.
All of Ally's flowers are long gone with the exception of these few making my sink a brighter place to be.
All of our company has gone home and we are left finding some sort of new normal to our everyday.
It rained here all weekend. The storm woke up both little ones in the night, but thankfully they were easily soothed and settled back in.
We were supposed to take our first family outing to a park to celebrate Weston's best friends birthday.
BUT when it came time to head out it was pouring down rain and I didnt have the heart to drag sister out.
Weston has grown quite obsessed with deer lately. He calls everything "dee-uh"
And he loves to feed them corn. Yesterday he insisted Cameron fill his little bucket with corn so they could go feed them. Luckily I saw them heading to the woods so I snagged a few pics.
It is the cutest thing, he reaches in his bucket and scatters it around. When you ask him what deer eat he says corn.
He sure loves being a big brother.
He has started calling Ally, "Ally Ally"
Which is what he said when we first taught him her name after we found out she was a girl.
It makes me wonder if he is putting more together than we realize.
Either way I am just thankful he loves her so.
The other night she was enjoying some tummy time and he decided she needed some brother time too :)
He still tries to pull her socks off and has started bringing me anything of hers. Blankets, socks and her paci.
Right before he gives me her paci he pops it in his mouth and laughs.
Funny boy.
He makes everything so much fun.
Well, this is my first day at home with two little ones all by myself.
I am flying solo for the first time.
So wish me luck.
As soon as they wake up I am off and running.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Praying for a calm heart for you today. I remember my first day solo with Hunter and Graysen...I was a basket of nerves! Now I laugh thinking about it when I'm toting my four around by myself for a week at a time. You'll get there too. Smile today at the ordinary, and even the stressful. Don't expect anything, just to love on your children. :0)
ReplyDeleteI hope that you had a GREAT day!!! Sometimes it's nice to get to be alone and get settled and be relaxed without watching eyes ;o)
ReplyDelete~Nel
I hope things are going great!!!!!!
ReplyDelete~Nel