Where did this week go? Seriously...I have been trying to keep up everday. It literally feels like yesterday I sat down and wrote my Monday list.
Looking back on that list not much was accomplished. I didnt clean out my pantry, I didnt clean out that dresser, I only made it up one morning before the kiddos, but I did drink all that creamer :)
I am heading out to the store today for some more and some desperately needed groceries around here. It will be my first time to the store with both my babies.
I am not nervous or anxious at all. I am going in the morning because Ally sleeps best in the morning.... and you can bet I will have a pack of raisins in one back pocket and an emergency pack of fruit snacks in the other for little man.
I will probably put her in the sling(above) and bub in the cart so we have some room in the cart...I am telling you our fridge is pretty sad ;)
This week I faced a challenge that could have really had a terrible outcome. BUT thanks to the peace I received yesterday after some good news my heart is at ease.
I have come along way in not getting discouraged because I simply cant get something or anything done.
I have really enjoyed my kiddos the past few days and have had tears in my eyes several times giving them hugs and holding them. They are such precious gifts and these are such wonderful days with them and I am thankful for that event this week that has slowed me and once again reminded me just how blessed I am.
I am thankful to get to be here with them everyday.
I watched my baby girl turn six weeks old this week. SIX WEEKS. She is really something. She loves to squeak and coo and smile, I love that about her. She sits up so well already and looks around like she is taking it all in.
Big brother is as rowdy as ever and I love that about him too :) They are different and I am thankful I get one of each to experience the wonderful world of little boys AND the wonderful world of little girls.
Playing outside one evening this week Weston took one of his blue M&Ms and put it in the whole of Ally's pacifier to share them with her :)
Today while giving her a kiss on her forhead he sneezed all over her.
She smiled.
We have a busy weekend coming up and I have been pressing their little shirts and dresses and gathering all their little accessories and socks and putting them in bags so we dont forget them.
And I have really been praying for them this week.
I have started reading The Power of a Praying Parent with the girls in my Bible Study and I love it.
In the first chaper Stormie says " The Battle for Our Children's Lives is waged on our knees"
I loved that and so far I am loving the book. I really appreciate all the scriptures she references. If you dont have it you might just want to pick one up or add it to your Christmas List this year!
This is what a sucker will by you around our house these days. I received an email from a lady at church saying she needed a picture of each one of our little ones ASAP and I panicked. I take a lot of pictures of them, but Weston is usually doing something in them. I didnt have one of just him smiling...at least not recently.
It was almost lunch time which meant afterwards was naptime and she needed it before the end of the day. So I pulled out the little chair, sat him down and said "Weston if you smile for mommy really good I will let you have a sucker"
and this is what he did:
I think I got the better end of the deal :)
1 sucker = 3 smiling shots
Only three though, this was the fourth
"you promised a sucker mommy"
I cant believe someone so small has so much of my heart :) I think we have adjusted really well from a family of three to four. It is easy when you number four is so great and special.
But, I wont lie. Some nights I fall into bed and everything hurts. Some nights my neck aches from toting her in her sling all day because she is having a fussy day or my back has the most dulling ache from lugging on both of them. My feet my have pain shooting all the way up to my aching knees from standing on the tile all day.
Every once in a while there will be an afternoon where I break down and cry mostly because I have reached exhaustion and because I am a woman and that is what we do. We just cry.
Sometimes I look like someone ran right over me and then backed up and did it again and somedays I cant remember if I brushed my teeth and on my way to do it again to make sure one of them fills their diaper and I completely forget so who knows if they got brushed that day.
BUT most days things run smooth. We play and give kisses and hugs and talk about all the interest of a two year old. We pick up toys and messes before nap so when daddy gets home we can enjoy our few hours with him. We spend time outside and I think the fresh air does everybody good. We eat snacks and someone usually wants Halloween candy everytime I ask them what they want for snack :)
Some days are really hard, but that is with any job or thing in life I think.
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him". (Colossians 3:17)
Most days are great, and I probably would take them for granted if I didnt have one every once in awhile that made me have a few gray hairs at twenty five.
One of my friends asked me if two children was ten times harder than one because that is what someone told her. I disagree. You learn quickly you cant be two places at once and you give twice as much of yourself, but it isnt that much harder.
I will say that it is ten times greater.
Have a great weekend everybody! Hopefully everyone is doing well! I apologize to some of you for not getting back to your emails, I promise I will!
I want to leave ya'all with a few verses that I have found most encouraging lately...in case you are having one of those forget to brush your teeth overwhelming kind of days or just plain find yourself in a funk.
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
(Ps. 72:26)
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1Peter5;6-7NIV)
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Phil. 4:13)
I love all the pictures! Those slings are great! This week has been more tiring for me, we took Colt's pacifier away! Whew! It has definitely made me more emotionally exhausted than anything, but I know it's the right thing to do, and now, he is doing wonderful! Thank you for the encouraging verses, I needed to hear them! Have a great weekend! : )
ReplyDelete