Monday, December 5, 2011

Little by little

Hello everyone! Happy Monday! Hopefully ya'all had a good weekend. Last week we started pulling out our Christmas decorations little by little. This is the first year I have done it this way and I REALLY enjoyed it this year.



I started doing this when both little ones would be napping, but one day Weston just took a power nap so he helped me put up some little trees in the living room. He was a big help :) Cameron went out of town hunting this weekend and my friend Chrissy came to visit and while she was here we put up the big tree Saturday night. She made homemade popcorn and I made homemade cocoa and we had a ball. Weston made it halfway through, but he started getting tired so he got his bath and went to bed and Chrissy and I finished. He loved her popcorn :) He was all about watching Chrissy make it, but when it started popping and flying everywhere he went running out of the kitchen.



While waiting for daddy to get home yesterday we cleaned Weston's little room and he helped me put up the little tree I bought for him last year. He was all about it. Until we got out his ornaments. My dad has bought him a tractor ornament every year so far and once he saw those he wanted to drive them and didnt care about putting them on the tree :)

I think we are about done decorating and I really like having all the lights in the house; I hate unplugging them every night before bed.

And in case you were wondering, sis likes all the Christmas decorating too :) She even sported her reindeer shirt last week :)






She is changing so much. I think she is having a growth spurt and her little routine is changing. I feel like I am getting to know her again again and again and again. I had her little body language and actions down pat before, but my girl has been hard to read lately, so big and grown up :)

We bought Weston the Little People Nativity Set for his birthday party in Missouri. He loves to play with it. I have been keeping it on the coffee table and it is so cute to watch him put all the characters on top of the stable where the angel goes. And every once in a while he brings in a truck or tractor to tote baby Jesus around :)





This is a great gift if you are looking for something for a little one!


And speaking of playing...we had an interesting playtime last week :) Weston is still crazy about his little sis :) And she is just as crazy about him. When they are taking their bath she talks to him the whole time...it is hard to get her to look my way. 

So, she was on her little play mat playing and he was playing with his toys; that lasted about two seconds :) As soon as I put her down he is there pulling her socks off and poking her eyes. She never says a word, just smiles and talks to him.

So here is basically what happened in pictures:




"OH sister you want to play let me give you a bulldozer and turn on your music for you"



"I'll just lay by you and talk to you"



"let me scoot in a little closer"



"These are neat"



"Oh heck why dont you move and I will just take over"


In the end he climbed on top of her and tried to wrestle her like he does daddy. Obviously there is no picture because I had to jump in and rescue her from getting smashed!

Funny thing is, she never cares. She never cries or gets frustrated when he smothers her. I know someday she will, but for now I am enjoying them adoring one another so much :)

3 comments:

  1. Too too sweet!!! I love that they get along so well :o)
    I miss you.
    I hope You are doing great!
    Call me sometime... I know like you have a free minute right now... but there are no naps at this house, so call whenever you want!

    I miss you so much....

    Your kiddos are so cute and sweet!!! And I loved Ally's Reindeer outfit!!!

    Oh, and I am jealous of the shorts and tshirts.... it is super duper cold here and I am ready for summer again ;o)I am tired of bundling the kiddos up already, and it's only just begun!

    XOXOXOX

    ~Nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting that nativity set since Hunter was born (7 years ago), and I finally broke down and bought it this year!! My 7 year olds love it, as well as my 4 year old and we'll have many more years with the newest addition! :0) Glad Weston's enjoying it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!!! I love Ally's reindeer shirt and headband..tooo cute!!! We loved that Nativity set too :) so much fun and great to use w/story time! Hope Ally got her little package ;)

    Love and Miss you xoxo, Molly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails