We took a little different way home this year to stop and see one of Cameron's Aunts in Oklahoma.
Over a cup of coffee and some pie she told us that we are in the best years of our lives.
She said that our kids are babies now, but they will always seem like babies to us because they grow up so fast.
I have been pondering this for almost a week now. And I do believe that we are in the best years of our lives, I feel it in my heart and I have never been more happy or content. Every morning my feet hit the floor and I feel like I am the most blessed momma and wife on this earth.
Just the same I also feel and see how fast this time is going. It breaks my heart. Somedays I feel like I cant keep up and they slip right through my fingers.
I dont know how to slow them down or even if you can, but I have learned it pays to look up every once in awhile. Sometimes you have to pull your head out of that pile of laundry and watch your little one play with their nativity. We can easily get caught up in the day to day and forget to look up and really savor these precious moments and life.
When we are home visiting our families it is so easy to just get caught up in the back and forth and here and there and Cameron and I constantly remind each other to stop and enjoy our loved ones.
It pays to look down every once in a while too...like when you are changing a diaper or feeding your baby and she smiles and talks to you.
And most of all it pays to look even higher, to our Lord. Pay him a visit every once in a while too.
I have made it my goal this week to look up and savor this life that I am in and it has blessed me ten fold. I feel much more purposeful and like I am truly savoring the days with my sweet ones, because all too soon they will be grown and gone and just babies in my heart.
This is true...but every stage is precious. Some days I can't even stand the fact that my first baby is 7 years old. It literally brings tears to my eyes. But - this is a beautiful time as well. To see his heart expanding, to see him learning to love the Lord and others. To see his compassion growing. God gives us such an amazing gift in Motherhood. I'm so glad you treasure it.
ReplyDelete