Friday, December 30, 2011

Sunday

Before Christmas our little ones were dedicated one Sunday at church. I have been hoping for someone to send me a picture of all four of us before I posted the details, but today it has been on my heart to share what I learned that day so you will have to just "do" with the individual ones I was able to get of them while the other one was napping :)For those of you who have never heard of this it is just a time where parents of babies go in front of the church and dedicate to raising their child(s) in the ways of the Lord and the church agrees to support them and pray for them in their journey doing so.

I have been excited about this ever since they asked me to participate a few weeks ago. I wanted to dedicate Weston when he was a baby (he's not a baby anymore, gulp) but it just never worked out. But I am kind of glad it didnt it was really special for me to do them together!


Ally wore the cutest little pink dress she was given at her shower from her great Aunt Connie. She looked adorable and of course, so did big brother.



They were each given a really sweet little Bible with their names on it, a certificate and then some Hersey's kisses for mommy and daddy to remind us to give them lots of hugs and kisses :)
I tried to get Weston to hold his certificate, but it wasnt happening.

It was a beautiful day and a very special one for all of us. We arrived early (if you can believe that) and as the pews began to fill up you could tell which little ones were being dedicated that day around us.
There were people snapping pictures, hugging and filling up a pew or two to support the baby they were there to see get dedicated.

It was just the four of us in ours.

My heart began to tighten and tears welled up in my eyes.

For the first time in a long time I really wanted family here to do this with us.
For some reason I can handle it just being "us" for holidays, birthdays, and even births, but this just didnt seem right.

I began to pray and God began to comfort my heart.
I was not alone.

Nor am I anyday.
And I KNOW a lot of you would have gladly been there and supported us this special day there was just that eight hundred miles in the way.

But eight hundred miles cant keep us away in prayer.
You can support us in our dedication for our children by praying for us each and everyday and I hope that you do.

My whole heart is in this mothering thing and sometimes I fail at teaching them things and exhibiting behavior I want to have for them.

Your prayers are needed for us and our little ones as we DAILY make a dedication to our Lord to raise them in the His truth. There is always the enemy knocking at the back door, He does not like families.

So, as one more holiday draws close as the year comes to an end and we are once again alone, more now than ever I know in my heart that we in fact are not alone. There are a lot of wonderful people supporting us in our "dedication" just a few states away and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And I promise you were all there with us.


"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it"
Proverbs 22:6





1 comment:

  1. I soooo would have been there if I could have! I miss you so much. Wish I could express how much I wish that we could raise our kids closer. But for now I love the pictures and love reading and waiting for posts!

    I wish you knew how excited I was just thinking about the thought that we might get to come visit!!!! It will be so wonderful if we get to!

    Hope you have a Happy New Years Eve!!!

    Love and Miss you!

    Nel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails