Thursday, January 19, 2012

ABC,,,easy as 123...kind of ;)

Hello everyone! Just dropping in REALLY QUICK (babies are BOTH sleeping, fingers crossed)!


Now that Weston is communicating more I want to start teaching him a few things! We have worked on counting and he loves to say TWO after I say one, but he wont say it when I ask how old he is...stinker!


Anyway I have been looking for learning ideas this afternoon and was wondering if you guys had any ideas to add? Or techniques you use for teaching your little ones, the hardest thing for Weston right now is getting him to focus :)


Here are a few ideas I pinned that I am really excited about:

Pinned Image

This little bag of letters is not only adorable, but I think it would be fun (and quiet) in the car (especially since we are making the eight hundred mile drive in a few weeks)

Pinned Image


mrprintables.com is a great place I found while looking
they have regular flashcards both upper and lower case letters as well as a bunch of other great cards, letter coloring sheets and someday maybe we can make these:

Pinned Image

And eventually we can hopefully do fun things like these

Pinned Image

Weston is crazy about anything with wheels and he even says vroom vroom in his sleep so I thought these would be fun for him :)

Pinned Image

I love the very hungry caterpillar and Ally received the book for Christmas as well as the stuffed animal...these sheets look like a lot of fun too :)
Pinned Image
(all the pics are embedded with the original links if you want to check them out)

And last, I hope to make something similar to this and hang it some where around the house for bubby (and sissy too someday) to help with learning numbers...and maybe we can throw it in that ABC bag too :)

Like I said I would LOVE for any tips and tricks! Weston doesnt watch TV so he isnt hearing his ABC's constantly or anything like that so me teaching him is it for right now!


And here is what I will be doing while not teaching him :) (amongst other things:)






apparently sissy had diaper rash on her head ;)



Bubby also though his boots needed to be on the boot dryer just like daddies :)


That is about it for me! It has been beautiful here so we have been outside! We have been having lunch on our deck, and today I braved taking both babies on a Rhino ride...and taking walks, much needed walks.

I rigged myself up a double stroller. We are going to buy one, but the kind I want Ally needs to bea little bigger so earlier this week I made one.

I would just like to add before you see the next few pics, I know I am just like my dad.
He is the king of rigging things up and felt JUST LIKE HIM while I bungy cording Ally's seat to the stroller :)



Hey it works and the kids loved it :) And my legs and abs have been sore for two days!







HOpefully everyone is having a great week!

Love ya,
Lyss


2 comments:

  1. That's so neat that you were able to strap her seat on, go you!
    I've been needing ideas for ways to teach Colt things like his ABC's and numbers, but I think the best way he can learn right now is hearing it from us, his attention span is just too short to sit and 'work' on anything. My mom actually made that bag of letters for him for Christmas and I love them, they are so cute! I'm saving them for when he's a little older. Good luck, I'd love to see how your teaching goes! Hope you're doing well, have a good weekend friend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas about learning for Weston!! I got an iPAD for Christmas this year and it is so amazing Jackson's vocabulary has tripled with all the preschool apps, he is singing the whole abc's and can count to 10.. Maybe you need an iPAD ;o)

    Sarah Price

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails