So, we found a house.
And I know it was by God's grace that we found a house and nothing more.
It may be the hardest thing we have ever done since having two children, but we found one and we move in two weeks.
Cameron is going to have to commute for a few days and stay up there until it is cleaned and ready and everything is finalized, but we are cool with that.
Austin was voted the number one place to live this year in FORBES magazine and apparently EVERYONE got the memo and was renting houses before we could even see them or make an offer; which is what made this whole finding a house thing a challenge.
But we found us a great little place on an acre and a half in a quiet area and we are excited to move there. (We didn't get any pictures so I just thought I would include some from our current house that you may have never seen :)
If you read my last post you probably got the drift that I didnt really want to move and that would be correct. I think that was why the past week has been so hard, but I have given it up.
I am excited for this new chapter and excited to see how things look in our new place and to make things for our new place. It has hard wood and no steps so I am praising God for that one after our little Calamity Jane has been diving off of EVERYTHING lately :)
The kids are doing super good in case you were wondering.
Weston picked out his room in the new house and Ally is probably going to go in the one room with carpet, her daddy thinks it is the most "girly" :) And we have a spare room in this house so come see us ....:) just later...
The company Cameron works for does all the grunt work...or pays someone too so I am not really stressed about packing, because they do all that and move it and then place the furniture where we want and we just put accessories away and things like that.
But I have been busy going through piles of things that have been awaiting attention like books that have been torn and fixing them and putting them in their proper place so they move in their proper place because who in their right mind wants to go through those piles once they are trying to get settled in a new home in a new town...not me :)
I went through all my magazines and tore out the articles I wanted to keep while Weston ate his fruity pebbles and orange juice this morning.
I have also been digging up my flowers. They have been a gift lately...they always are, but even more lately.
The digging and watering is therapeutic when my days are full of emergency room trips (more on that later) and arranging moving stuff.
I have gone through the kids clothes and toys and hope to go through Cameron and I's soon. And then last I will purge our bathroom cabinets and clean them out and then I should be ready :)
In all this "going through stuff" I have uncovered some treasures that have been buried.
{a letter from my nephew Bailey}
{breastfeeding notes from my first few days of being a momma (after Weston was born)}
{a hanky from my great grandma Chilton}
When you move you are forced (or at least me anyway) to go through and get rid of stuff.
You get rid of the junk and only hold on to the good stuff.
And as I am packing all this I cant help but think of how we do this in life.
Why do we hold onto all that junk and let it fill up our lives and hide our treasure?
We do we tote around all that baggage when we don't have to?
As I cleanse my house I am reminded of the cleansing of the heart I am in constant need of, Jesus.
I am reminded to let go of the "stuff" and "baggage" that keeps me from Him and His grace and receiving the treasure that was intended to be there, not all this baggage.
....
Good night sweet friends! I will be back soon with more, but tonight my eyes are tired and my freshly washed sheets are calling my name :)
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Ally looks so big standing up with Weston and I LOVE her dress!!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing your house pictures, but I can't wait to see how adorable you make your NEW home!!!!
I hope that you are at peace with your move, I would be imagining where everything would go while trying to sleep every night...
Thanks again for our special package today!!!
Miss you!
Did you say you are moving back this way?? Where? I would love to come see you and the babies! :)
ReplyDelete