When I was younger I really thought I knew it all.
I have always been a get it done kind of girl.
And then when i became a mom I realized I knew nothing.
I tell people now, if you want to be humbled become a parent. It is the most amazing beautiful thing, but indeed humbling, which is exactly what I needed.
I had never loved anything or anyone so fiercely as I loved our Weston.
I realized I couldn't do it alone and began my journey through motherhood humbly on my knees instead of with clenched fists like I had spent my previous years.
I quickly realized that the best thing I could do for our babies was to seek the Lord for guidance and in turn my life has been made full. I am free in Christ and can really love them, because God really loves me.
And all my fears and concerns for them are in HIS hands and not in my own
I gave my babies life by bringing them into this world, but they have given me life by showing me what it is all about.
Today I turn twenty six. And I haven't got life all figured out like I thought I would by now.
But I have learned to love, and to me that is what life is all about.
So thank you Mom for bringing me into this world twenty six years ago.
Thank you Cameron for loving me and picking me to be yours, my life is full because you are who I share it with.
Thank you Weston and Ally for giving me wings.
And thank you Lord for all of it, thank you for loving me enough to give me precious people in my life and for sending Jesus so that I may be free.
"I believe in Heaven, I believe in magic,
I believe in a life besides these walls
Now I believe
In dinosaurs, in toys, trains and baseball
What you’re gonna be for Halloween
I will be the villain and you will be the hero
And save the day the way that you saved me.
Yeah, I thought I knew myself,
Turns out I didn’t have a clue"
My new favorite song....

Happy Birthday!! I love the beach pictures, you have such a sweet family!
ReplyDeleteI hope your day was extra special! : )
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, God Bless You! Happy Birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you!! Praying your day was full of joy and fun celebrating you, and that God will continue to use you in great ways in your next year! :)
ReplyDelete