Saturday, October 1, 2011

Big brother meets baby sis...



I will be honest the longer the pregnancy with Ally drew out the more worried I would get about Weston adjusting to another little person in our home.
 
I guess it is just the mother's heart in me to worry about his little heart and fears like that.
 
I should have know better.
 
He is a natural as a big brother.
 
My mom brought Weston to the hospital late afternoon the day Ally was born. I wanted to be out of my gown so I didnt look different and scare him, but it just didnt happen. We bought him a new special little backpack and I filled it with some fun new toys and snacks for him to have once he got there. Thankfully mommy in her hospital clothes didnt scare him at all and he wanted to be by my side the whole time. HE LOVED MY HOSPITAL BED :) and was fascinated with my IV port. They had just brought me dinner so he enjoyed my roll with butter and some iced tea :)

And then he met his sister. I think it was a bit overwhelming the first visit. He did fine and didnt cry when grandma took him home for the night without his mommy and daddy.



 
Then, the next day he came back in the morning and walked in the room like he had been there a thousand times.

He was really excited about his sissy and gave her LOTS of kisses. He smiled and pointed to her and jabbered about her.


It did my heart good. And I had to kick myself again that God had a perfect plan for our family all along and I shouldnt worry about all the details, He has, even those, under control.

We all have a special place in our hearts for Miss Ally already. She is SO SWEET and we just cant get enough of her. I know there is still probably some jealous days ahead, but for now I am enjoying the sweetness of our little ones filling the house right now.

And while he was a natural at loving on his sister he has had to learn a few no no's these past few days and how to be gentle :)
He also thinks a kiss isnt complete without a hug for sissy.

...and that she cannot lay on his couch with him and Scout.

....And he has learned he cannot drive his truck, tractor or 4 wheeler on her.

Today when we were sitting in the sunroom and laid monkey on her :)


I am so thankful for all the blessings that have poured down on us this past week.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself that this is our new reality. A son and a daughter. We are a family of four now and I really love that.

Thanks for your sweet words on Ally's arrival. I am sure posting will continue to be sparatic since the days seem to slip through my fingers, but I hope to check back in soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails