Friday, September 7, 2012

Kissing Summer Good-bye



I know by now all of you have bid farewell to summer and sent your babies off to school and are searching for halloween costumes and anxiously waiting for the grocery store to put out pumpkins. And I have to say I am envious. It is still HOT here, like summer full force hot and everytime I try to pretend it is not I pay for it, like trying to wear jeans and then prying them off later because they are drenched in sweat. I am ready to get cozy and for all of the wonderful things that fall brings, but my Texas isnt on board so I surrendered today and we went swimming. It's like a hundred or more and we  STILL cant play outside unless we are in water. We had a great time and ended with mini cones before nap. I am amazed at how at the beginning of the summer I had to get in because Ally was so tiny and needed me there for protection, then mid summer she was strong enough to sit all by herself and I could park myself in a lawn chair for the five minutes of downtime they let me have, and now here we are late summer and the little sweetie is climbing the steps trying to go down the slide all by herself.

Time sure does go fast.




Here are some more pics from a pool party we had when we first moved here.






Somebody couldnt leave the strawberries alone...


And lastly, just because it was so cute...

Ally has been taking a morning nap and it has been a huge blessing to us all. She is sleeping better at night again and Weston and I get some good one on one time together. This morning we cleaned the house and he wanted to wash the doors.

He tore paper towels into about a million pieces, and I think he made more of a mess, but just the same I love having him close and making him feel like he accomplished something.



Well that is about it for me...is anyone else ready for fall? Hope ya'all have a great weekend!

Love,
Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails