All this beautiful weather has had me thinking SPRING! I had some plastic Easter eggs and put them out for decoration, BUT they just didnt do it for me!
I'd seen a lot of tutorials on how to cover eggs with fabric, but my scrap pile isnt that large yet and what I did have just didnt look Easter-ish! So, I came up with a cheap alternative!
I used scrapbook paper!
If you want to make you some all you need is:
* Cheap-O- Plastic eggs *Tape *Modge Podge *Scissors*Paint Brush
now......Step
By
Step............
Fold your paper in half and then cut into strips, like this:
Next, tape your egg shut and cover one strip with modge podge and apply to egg around the middle line...like this:
The modge podge will make it very easy to work with around the egg
Now, continue to apply modge podge covered strips around egg until surface is covered.
If your strips begin to pucker just cut a small slit and fold the flaps over each other...I tried to take a picture of this, but it didnt work!
Much Better :)
If you get tired of working with the paper you can wrap them in twine, yarn or glitter. For my glitter eggs I just covered the eggs with modge podge and then sprinkled them with glitter. For my twine eggs I hot glued the end of the twine to the bottom of the egg and started wrapping it around the egg and just tacked it every once in a while with the hot glue and then glued the end to the top as well.
I used some grape vine I had and glued my finished eggs to it and made and Easter wreath and I think it turned out so cute!!
I love it! What an AWESOME idea! You are such a great little home maker, mommy, and wife! So proud of you! Love you!
ReplyDelete