I have been having the time of my life
"For now we really live since you are standing firm in the Lord"
1 Thessalonians 3:8
yesterday it rained all day...wait, let me start over... THERE WAS A TROPICAL STORM HERE YESTERDAY....
I was scared...a little....Weston slept very well... :)
I put on comfy clothes, my new sweater, hair in a clip and drank a whole pot of tea...
It was great and I have been waiting for a rainy day such as that...running around chasing Weston's pool because it kept blowing all over the yard not so much
I guess we should put it away...fall is coming and will be here when we get back from our trip, but he enjoys it so much I feel bad putting it away...just makes it over
Now, back to that time of my life :)
Weston is a ball
He laughs at any little silly thing I do
pulled up in the bath tub last night
crawls from room to room looking for us (esp Cam:)
Grunts and hollers (he is all boy)
gives me kisses... I say give me a kiss and make kissy noises and he grabs my face with his mouth open and drools all over it...it is my favorite thing right now
I have been spending a bit of my day doing crawling lessons and teaching him how fun it is to pull up in his bed :)
man I wish this wasnt so blurry :(
Today we got out and about
He does not like hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx...maybe because they are always last or maybe its because I spend too much time in there...either way his patience wears thin
Cam loves that he does that :)
He told him tonight that "He was a good man"
Keep in mind Cameorn has never set foot in either store....
I am not kidding atleast 20 people talked to WEston in the grocery store today
Some he smiled at and others he studied
I was happy because I kept the bill under 100 dollars
AND remembered my reusable bags AND left before Weston got too tired
We just had a lot of fun :)
Someone in our family is getting married
and I am super excited
Anything I see weddingish...or pink I want to buy
Like this....
(Blue Bell has a new flavor ;) It has pieces of chocolate cake in it)
I had heard about it, but today was the first day I saw it at the store...it took a lot of will power, but I didnt buy it, the pink glittery tissue paper however made its way out of the store with me :)
Cameron has been getting ready for his big hunting trip...SO, my laundry room smelled like acorns for two days and things like this are sitting around waiting to be packed :)
Weston is even getting in on all the camo action ;) wink wink
I have been enjoying my birthday gifts SO MUCH...
Thank you Halle :)
Thank you Chrissy :)
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows"
James 1:17
I have been finding comfort in a few different verses lately...
I am always trying to memorize them and press them into my heart...
sometimes I wish I was sponge like Cam
...
I have a heart for missions work
Always have, and havent gone on a trip yet, but I know that someday I will
maybe with my kids
maybe by myself
But my heart desires to go to another country and serve our Lord out of my comfort zone
when, I dont know
but someday
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
Philippians 4: 6-7
I love that verse...such power and hope in it
....
Another thing that has been on my heart lately is JOY
Do you have joy? What steals your joy?
I want joy...I dont want to lose it to things like...envy and anger
....
"Be joyfull always; 17Pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
2 Thessalonians 5:16-18
....
I find it interesting that both of those verses emphasize thanksgiving so much...
I am SO BLESSED...I mean SO BLESSED
I need to praise God contiually throughout my day for my blessings big and small
and even things I struggle with...
...
Ok, that is going to be it for me tonight
bedtime
Weston will be calling my name before I know it
I enjoyed sharing my days with you...
grace, joy, and praying
a lot of playing, a little cleaning, and a day of shopping :)
How about you?
Love,

What a great day! Well... most of it, not the chasing of the pool or sadness of putting it a way for the year.
ReplyDeleteI wish Blue Bell ice cream was in my grocery store! I guess I live too far north. They have it in Springfield, MO, though, and when I go there its all I think about! Even the dutch chocolate/vanilla mix of Blue Bell is better than most ice creams we have here!
I have been feeling anxious lately. And emotional. I find myself being distracted by my thoughts and distracted away from the Word or praying. Thank you for those reminder verses!
I also would like to serve others who aren't American and share Christianity. I've never been on a mission trip, either. I don't think my husband is as excited about doing this, but I do think he would be a very good role model for others and also he is so capable that he could really serve others in building things, engineering things, doing physical labor... whereas those are not my strenghts!
Oh how I dislike the smell of the hunting washing things... they make me want to throw up! But I handle it for my hubby ;o)
ReplyDeleteLove the camo!
Shopping is too fun!!! Way to go on staying under $100 on your groceries! That's usually my goal...
Oh how I miss you and all your radiance!! Reading your blog makes me feel a little bit closer to you!
ReplyDeleteOne of these days soon I want to come visit you and that sweet boy of yours!! He looks so much like you!
Thanks for posting such inspiring verses! Take care!
Alyssa!! I just found your blog :) yay! I love catching up on your life..such a beautiful family! I love hearing about your blessings and all you are thankful for!!! Love and Miss you soo,sooo much!! Think and pray for you always! xoxo
ReplyDelete