Actually, this is our third day back, but I have been catching up on rest and all of the duties of being gone for ten days and then driving all night to get back has to offer
It was rough, not the trip, the drive back
We stopped at Cracker Barrel in Joplin had a great dinner, I ordered a large coffee to go and put Weston to bed for the night, in the back seat of daddies truck ;) and
I drove until one, just on the other side of Dallas and had to give it up
Cam brought us on home around 5:30 am...we left town at 3:30 pm...it is a long long long way
But I am thankful (even thought thanksgiving is over) for none of us getting sick, no accidents, a safe and unharmed home when we arrived, and for WEston sleeping the whole way there and back!
We had a wonderful visit while we were home
Celebrated Weston's first birthday (1 month early) 2x, Thanksgiving and some how the other 7 days flew by too... it was by far the quickest trip we have ever experienced
I am still not sure how it went by so fast...ten days gone just like that??
Well, that is that
it is crazy to me that I am getting ready for Christmas...didnt I JUST post about Halloween?
Ok, so on to Christmas....
My toes are painted Merry Crimson ;)
My house is polished with this
My favorite Christmas CDs (the only three I own) are on constant exchange in the cd player
and I have SOME of my decorations out :)
Yay me
When we got back to TX it was like eighty and I got confused if it was Easter or Christmas
and thank goodness yesterday morning when I got up it was chilly and windy
I slipped into Cam's hunting socks and got to work
I have to say
Decorating for Christmas is much more fun when shared with a sweet little heart
Weston loved pulling out the decorations
but was quickly bored when mommy wouldnt let him eat any pinecones or balls
geesh mom ;)
So, basically I have kicked but since I have gotten home
I am not stressed about Christmas and somehow my house is super clean
I blame it on my grandma
She gave me my present early since I wont be seeing her Christmas
and it is this
and I cant wait to sweep my whole house everyday
It is so easy and if you have a lot of floor space like me it is the BEST THING EVER
I am ready for Christmas
so ready
not in an excessive over the top too many decorations and blown bank account way
I look forward to my heart busting with Joy every year
BUT
this year more than ever I want to celebrate Jesus in a bigger and better way
I want to
give
and not just to the ones I love
because HE gave
I dont do elaborate gifts. I simply prayed about what I wanted us to get everyone, set a budget and talked about it with Cam
and sometime around Valentines Day he will get over it ;)
and that is it
I am no way near done, but I am over half way
and I am not worried about it
It really is the most wonderful time of the year isnt it :)

Glad you are home safely! Missed hearing from you:)
ReplyDeleteLove you!