Hello there! I really wanted to do an activities part 2, but Weston came down with an awful cold and I have been busy chasing him with a tissue every since the 23rd.
So, here are some pics from our Christmas celebration :)
(I will warn you, this is long with LOTS of pictures)
This was our first year to fly solo. It was just the three of us Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
And we really enjoyed it. We REALLY missed our family, but we both agreed it was wonderful to be able to relax and not have to rush around from here to there; especially with baby boy not feeling well.
Christmas Eve was my favorite. I cleaned all morning. Weston took a two hour nap and when he got up daddy entertained him and by lunch our house was spic and span, which is so nice with the holidays isnt it. I enjoy having all the rooms cleaned at the same time, which you know is a rarity with a little one :)
Weston also took a two hour nap in the afternoon so Cameron and I got some really great time together.
We each opened one of our gifts and made appetizers together (another rarity) and enjoyed them before bubby got up.
I bought a ham and we had that for dinner along with a special salad, and company mashed potatoes.
We also went to Church and listened to this guy. It was a really great service and I honestly believe there is nothing more special than holding your baby in your arms with your husband's arm around you listening to the message of Christmas.
That evening, after Weston went to bed Cameron and I gave each other a card and watched the Nativity. I ordered it awhile back and I am so glad that I did, it is so humbling.
Then, on Christmas Day we got up and it was FINALLY CHILLY enough to have a fire!
Cam built one right away and we shared our gifts. We kept if very simple this year. We usually buy each other a big gift, but the budget just didnt allow and neither one of us cared anyway. We were both tickeled with our gifts from one another.
ANd of course Weston got a few things as well. Building blocks, shape cube and an alphabet puzzle. All to which he really likes. But his favorite thing is the chocolate Santa's my mom sent him...I caught him eating one with the wrapper on it...yikes!
We had ham sandwiches for lunch and made coffee and took a drive to Bandera, aka Cowboy Town.
Another fun thing we did for the first time this year was WALK and look at Christmas lights. The neighborhood next to us goes all out so we loaded up in the wagon and took a stroll :)
Our Christmas was very very low-key, but no doubt about it, it was wonderful!
I am so thankful we were all together to celebrate and to know there were tons of people in Missouri thinking and praying for us is a huge gift...we didnt feel alone at all :)
Lots of Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment