Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Favorite Lunch

I nursed Weston for his whole first year of life and if you are a mom and have done this or attempted to nurse your baby you know how hard it is to do this.
I am very very thankful have been given this gift and I am in no way complaining, but I remember how many anxieties I had before I had him and how I worried his first two days of life that I wouldnt be able to do this and I so desperately wanted to.
I was up every two hours "practicing" if you will while we were in the hospital. And finally midnight the night before we went home he latched on and the rest is history.
I had a great experience and thought at the time that that was the hardest thing about feeding Weston: nailing breastfeeding.

Was I ever so wrong? :) Now that he doesnt do that anymore I spend A LOT of time during the day preparing meals for him and sometimes finding them in the floor, on the walls or simply rejected by his lips runnning from the spoon or fork. Now, he knows what he likes and what he doesnt and oh how quickly they get tired of vegetables dont they?

So, I have been getting creative lately and succeeding at he and momma enjoying our meals.

This has been our favorite lately


Bagel Pizzas

For the crust I have been using these mini bagels
(You could also use pita rounds or english muffins)

You will want to toast them a bit before putting your toppings on or they get too soggy

I just pop mine in the oven on BROIL HI for a few minutes...until they look like this:



Next, for the sauce...You can buy premade sauce or whatever you prefer, but I love the taste of Italian seasoned tomatoes and I prefer to just puree them in the blender for our sauce



and you can just have fun with your toppings, my favorite is to do cheese with a round of canadian bacon on each, but these pepperonis were too cute not to try



Obviously, a white cheese would be better, but I forgot to buy it at the store so I just used what I had and thankfully Weston didnt mind :)

I like to put aluminum foil over my cookie sheet to avoid a huge clean up project after lunch

Putting the toppings on could be super fun for an older child, Weston is not quite there, but someday :)

Once topped bake at 350 for ten minutes and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. They look delicious!!!!! We always make them on biscuits... so I will have to try them on bagels!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails