Thursday, December 22, 2011

A few good things...




Hello there. I really didnt plan on posting this morning, but I had a little early bird get me up at 5:30 and I have a few pictures to share so here I am.


I think I even have a picture of that little early bird...oh yes, here it is :)



At least she is a happy early bird in her bumbo seat while I put daddies lunch together :)



One of the things I wanted to share with you is some pictures of Weston and I making Darby's Salt Dough ornaments last week.
They are so fun and easy to make and since a lot of you have children around Weston's age I wanted you to know that this is the perfect activity to do with them.
It is quick and kept his attention the whole time.
And most likely you have everything you need on hand.
It is just flour, salt and water you can click here for the full how to.



I let Weston do all the pouring and stirring :)







As you can tell, Weston really got into this project, flour on his face and all!



Because he loves play-doh so much he knew exactly what to do. As soon as I rolled it out he stamped out a gingerbread boy no problem :)



We made a lot of hearts and Texas shapes. I wanted to send a set of each of them home to our families with a note saying "Sending you LOTS of love from Texas this Christmas, but it didnt happen, but know we tried and we do send lots of love :)




While the ornaments baked (for part of the time) Weston played with his little nativity. I had to move it to the bar because it was gettting scattered everywhere!





Love that little dude so much :)


I am hoping to get some laundry done today, clean our house really good for Christmas and finish up my wrapping :) Speaking of, have you seen all the cute free printable tags out there? Here are my favs!


My absolute favs are from Jones Design Company... I printed them last year and decided to use them again this year:

free printable holiday gift tag

But then I saw these and they are my favorite too :)
I am printing some of them today to adorn the few remainder presents lingering around :)


The are from Eat Drink Chic by Amy Moss (so cute)


And last, I wanted to share these from the Pioneer Woman with you (as if you havent seen them:)


Click here to get her full post! She has her wonderful cinnamon roll's with them for a cute gift idea!!

Her Christmas Special is on Food Network today at 11c! I had Cam record it because who knows what I will be doing at that time, but I dont want to miss it :) Maybe I will have some cocoa during naptime and soak up some mommy time :) we will see!!

Here are some of our special packages this year! I printed off some black and white photos from special events from this year and put them on our gifts with black photo corners. No tag needed for those the picture tells who they are going to :)










Wow, that was a lot... if you are still here have a great day :)

Love,
Lyss
 

2 comments:

  1. what an adorable little helper you have there. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love!!! the pics of Weston!!! He is so stinkin cute!! So is sis of course ;o)

    I have got to step it up on my wrapping next year for sure! Your presents are so stinking cute and perfect and cozy and adorable!!!!!

    Yep - I still miss ya ;o)

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails