Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas



Around here lately....

A lot of lego building and truck driving

A lot of dancing around and bouncing babies

A lot of late nights folding laundry

You know, mom stuff


Motherhood has taught me so much,,,so so much. I give more of myself that I ever dreamed possible and dont ever really notice.

Motherhood is a journey.



All those nights when you are up and down what seems like fifteen times going back and forth trying to get your little ones happy, biting off every last finger nail and wondering how in the world you have any energy left. That is when a true mother's spirit is born I think. Late at night when every one else is sleeping and you and your little one are struggling through. That's when you feel your heart strengthen and you know you never want to go back to before you were a mom, you know deep down you are doing something your heart has always longed for and it feels right.

 This past week I have learned my girl is a fighter. I like that about her :)

When Weston was born I just wanted to do everything right and "by the book" now, I just want to enjoy these times. I always thought if I had a plan or followed directions things would run smoothly...and I have learned that isnt the case.

I have learned to let things go. I have learned that someday my house will be clean but my kids will be gone and all I will want is to play trucks and stay up late talking to my girl. It's a happy mess those scattered blocks and straying tiny socks. I have learned to embrace it.




My friend Chrissy has been emailing me updates and prayers requests for a little almost seven year old boy battling cancer. Last week he went home to spend his last few precious moments at home with is family. I cant help but think of them ALL THE TIME, their pain and how terrible it would be to only know Weston or Ally for seven years. I have been praying for them a lot and I am so thankful that Chrissy shared their story with me. Sometimes, other peoples stories make you cherish your own even more.

I love motherhood. I love my kids and who I am becoming through all of this. Everyday I am so thankful to be where I am and I dont know where I would be without such a supportive husband.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and I hope you enjoy this little ditty from Max Lucado. We attended his church when first moving to this area and I signed up for his email. I dont always read them, but the title of this one caught my eye. Hope you enjoy.

Motherhood is a Special Task



QUESTION:


More than anything in the world I want to be a good mom to my kids. How can I be the mom God wants me to be?






ANSWER FROM MAX:


The virgin birth is more, much more, than a Christmas story. It is a picture of how close Christ will come to you, a mom, as you also bring a child into the world.

 
Imagine yourself in that story found in Luke 1.



God comes to you and says, “I have a special task for you. A child. A special child that I want to entrust to you. Are you willing to raise this one?



You stammer, take a breath. “This sounds scary.”



“Don’t worry. I’ll be there with you. This child is special to me. He will be a great child.”



You shake your head. “Such an awesome responsibility. I don’t know if I can do it.”



“Nothing is impossible with me.”





You smile. “I am your servant. I’ll do it.”





Do we think only one child received God’s special attention? Sure, only one was his Son, and an angel sent out those special birth announcements, accompanied by an angelic choir singing “Happy Birthday.” Of course God pulled out all the stops for Jesus’ birth.



But children aren’t randomly born to parents. God orchestrates the right children to be born to the right parents.
 Being the mom God wants you to be starts with the understanding of how important your job is in God’s eyes. He entrusts you with one of his own children. He chose you out of all the moms in the world for this one child.
 Remember, you, too, are highly favored by God himself to receive such a special gift.







Merry Christmas
 
xo
Lyss



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails