Monday, May 14, 2012

Better every year

Yesterday I felt very loved and I think that is the whole purpose of Mother's Day right? My love language is gifts and Cam knows it, we read those books while we were dating...and he doesn't buy me little things all the time, but when an occasion rolls around like Mother's Day he really works hard to get me something I really want and to make that day really special.

This year I let him off the hook and told him all I wanted was a girls day with Ally and to shop and get some new clothes! So  Saturday morning Ally and I headed out and I got a few new things! I had a lot of fun, Ally did not, hopefully she likes to shop once she gets older!


Here we are  Saturday before we left!

After we got home I had a package in the mail and it was the most beautiful necklace from my mother and father in law. It has a charm for each of my babies! I have worn it every since!

Then yesterday morning  I woke up to Cameron and Weston scurrying around. 
Weston picked out a pretty hanging basket for me and signed he and Ally's  name on the card :)
It get's better every year! I remember last year that I was so excited he pointed to my card and new it was special! This year was even a bigger deal for him and I had my baby girl in my arms and not in my tummy.

After church we went to lunch at my favorite place, the Creek.
You can see why in the pictures! Lace valances, roses on the tables, lily ponds, pretty food and a lady playing the piano and singing! Definitely the perfect place for mommies:)










It was a really great day...really, it was a great weekend! Hope ya'all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!







3 comments:

  1. God has really blessed you! I think you do know how fortunate you are, and that is such a wonderful thing. Would love to see your necklace!

    My love language is gifts and affirmation. I am starting to realize that my comfort language is physical presence/touch. I feel more comforted by sitting close and holding than ever before! Dan's love language is doing things together and helping, so that is how he enjoys loving on me the most. Its good we know this about the other, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so blessed and so thankful!

      It is SO GOOD to know that, I feel very loved, Cameron knows my heart so well and I can tell your hubby treasures you as well by what you share!!

      Hope you had a beautiful mother's day!

      Delete
  2. So glad you had such a wonderful Mothers Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails